I made 4 part cards, 1: picture and word, 2:picture, 3:word 4:information card. The activity is done as follows.
1. The child lays out pack 1 of cards in a vertical row and the top of the mat.
2. The child finds the matching picture, then word and then reads the information card.
3. The child searches inside the body to find the organ that resembles it. This step is the fun bit, as not all pieces are visual when the body is complete. The child must first remove the lungs so as to find the heart and so on. Hopefully this will help the children remember where each body part is in our body.
4. The child goes to the next card on the vertical row and does step 2 and 3.
5. The final step is the child has to put all the organs back in the body and its harder than in looks. It took about 10mins for one of my 6year olds to put the body back together.
One of my 8 year olds did this activity, after she completed it, I asked her if she enjoyed it. She replied 'No, it made my stomach hurt!'. Nice to find someone who feels the same!!
You can download these cards here.
And I'm very sorry for not replying to some previous comments, I promise I'll do so soon.