Thursday 2 December 2010

Numbers from 1-10

When one of my students first joined in October he would count up to 10 but missed a few numbers here and there. He could recognise 1,2,3 and 5 and then just guessed at the other numbers. After 5 weeks and only 10 days of actually coming to my class he is now ready to move beyond 10. Here are some of the activities he worked with not all the pictures are of him working but he did complete each activity:

Large number rods and cards. That is Little-N when he was three!!! Oh I miss how small he was!

The spindle box

Number cards and counters: All counters should have been the same colour but unfortunately I only had these.

Small number rod and cards.

Sorting the beads, counting and then finding the number card.

Short bead stair matched with the number cards.

3 comments:

Frangipan said...

What a gorgeous little story!

umm3 said...

These accounts are really useful,they help me check against what i've been doing.There's so much info out there..so it's nice to get a 'summary' with pics!

I'm really looking forward to seeing a blog post beyond 1-10..hint hint:)...
My mind gets a bit boggled when it comes to all the addition/subtraction strip boards etc..
Thanks for sharing!!

N from the Learning Ark said...

Hi Umm,

Thank you for your comment. I'm glad you benefited from this post! I have already blogged about after 10 here: http://thelearningark.blogspot.com/2010/08/beyond-10.html

As for the addition/subtraction and other materials, I will make sure that I write a post about them for you.