Saturday 23 May 2009

Just Moved!

I'm sorry for not posting for so long. I just moved houses again and have been very busy getting things organised. I also have no Internet at my new home.

School has been great, we have a new 8 year old girl who joined 2 weeks ago. She was homeschooled for 1.5 years and attended a primary school for 2 years before that. She was once diagnosed as a selective mute, but now speaks all the time, well at least at our school she does. Having a child who never attended a Montessori school means I had to take her through some early materials, like the golden beads. So far she has been enjoying all the activities, even if she has already mastered the concepts on paper. She is very artistic and has great life skills, I taught her to knit in 5 mins and to crochet in a matter of seconds. Where possible, I'll be giving her the opportunity to present craft activities to other children. It's been very interesting watching her work with the materials and comparing her actions to that of the old Montessori children, so far we can definitely say that the Montessori children are more independent in their learning and are more creative in terms of literature and imagination. I'll keep you all posted on her progress into Montessori.

1 comment:

kalis said...

great effort u r doing