Monday 9 November 2009

Geometirc Stick Material

I have always been fascinated by the Montessori geometric stick material and it's many uses. We couldn't buy it because it's very expensive, so I decided to make my own set. It's very easy, I cut card to the correct sizes and used a hole puncher to make the holes. I then laminated everything. The only problem I am having is finding a suitable storage box, so for now they live on a tray.
Montessori Spanish has a few good post about this material.

In this picture one of the children was using the material to learn the names of the different triangles. I like the fact that the child can easily see which sides of each triangle are different and which are the same. And so making it easier for them to recognise and name each triangle.



3 comments:

Montessori en el hogar said...

Excellent Ideaa

Mamalina said...

Hi, that's a great idea. Thanks for sharing it. =D

Unknown said...

What did you use as a guide for the lengths of the sticks? This is a fantastic idea. :)