Thursday 12 August 2010

Pin Maps

I decided that it would be too expensive to buy the Montessori Pin maps and I could better spend the money on something un-makeable. So I made my own. I noticed a few other blogs that had home made pin maps, but not exactly what I wanted. I spent a long time making these files that include flags, countries and cities for each continent [except Antarctica]. You can make your own or take the easier route and buy them from here. It takes a very long time to cut everything out and put all the pins in, but its well worth it. Little-N said that these maps are much better than the wooden ones he used to use. I think it's something to do with the colour coded pins.


10 comments:

Lindart said...

BRILLIANT idea! My pin maps are so scratched and horrible - this way they won't scratch, and can easily be replaced if too many holes appear!

N from the Learning Ark said...

Thank you Lindart, I'm amazed at how fast you commented. Now that I made them I think I prefer them to the wooden ones. The ones we had at my last school got all scratched like you said and after a while the children went off using them. Hopefully these will last longer.

Montessori en el hogar said...

Your material are amazing. I would be happy if you share with me. These material are so expensive.

paganjeannette@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Hi there! Can you please advise, does your file include the map/s, and which ones, please? And the pins - you've used (eg) red-headed ones for (eg) Europe? What an awesome idea (and so simple, but, um, I don't think I would have thought of that!). These look great :)

Gigi said...

This is great! I am definitely buying this as soon as I get close to presenting this lesson!
Thank you for doing all of the hard work.

N from the Learning Ark said...

Maria,

The files do not include the maps but it tells you where to download them from for free. The link has many blank maps and the children can use any good atlas as a guide. I spent along time looking for suitable maps. The files do contain a control chart for the flags. The pins and cork board are not included. What you will get is 3 pages for each continent: a page for each, flag control chart, flags to cut out and countries and cities to cut out. Thanks

Martianne said...

Fantastic idea!

An award awaits you at http://traininghappyhearts.blogspot.com/2010/08/award-and-giveaway.html

Monica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica said...

They look great!!! How did you make them? I love your creativity! Thank you for sharing!
Monica
http://tatyland-montessori.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hello. I am new to your blog, it seems wonderful. I was looking for your pin map flags, but the link is no longer available. Are you still selling these?

Thank you