Saturday 16 August 2008

Egg tray activity


I was flicking through some pictures of the old school I worked in and came across this. This is an 'Egg tray activity' I came up with while setting up Montessori in a school in Egypt. The children loved it to bits.
At home you can use a regular egg tray [instead of the plastic one] and ping pong balls [ or real eggs if you want to be brave]. Show the child how to take an egg [or ball] from the basket and place it carefully in the top left hole. Its important to emphasis left to right and top to bottom movements when presenting to a child.
The older children also liked this activity, they would make patterns with the eggs [balls] and sometimes write letters.

2 comments:

Xia said...

Hi, I'm a new reader and I like your activities. I homeschool my children and I have a blog as well.
I look forward to reading you posts.
Xia

nun said...

Those were the dayss...
hope u read my comment or ur mail..
miss you.